Our body is sum of all the small parts. These small parts are the organs that have an important role to play. They have a specific role to play and without the proper functioning of any of them will cause issues in our body. If we talk about injuries that are of physical nature then they are mostly caused to our musculoskeletal system. If we are to define musculoskeletal system, then, it is that system with the help of which we are able to move. Both muscular and skeletal systems are used in the whole process. The problems of human musculoskeletal system come under the branch of orthopedics. In case of seniors, these types of injuries are the most common as majority of them hit you when you are approaching old age.
There are various causes for the pain to happen in our skeletal system. Some of the reasons are as follows –
1. Arthritis – arthritis is that disease which causes inflammation of one or more joints leading to stiffness and pain. It is one of the most common types of muscular problem with over hundred types of different arthritis detected in humans. Arthritis usually occurs with age and majorly brings changes in fingers, knees etc. Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease in which symptoms of swelling and diminishing range of motion.
2. Injuries caused due to contact sports and vehicular accidents also come under orthopedics. There are various reasons such as collision while playing games or motor accidents in which damage to the body is caused.
3. Body fracture caused to any part resulting in projecting out of bone through the skin will affects our joints and bone. Severity of fracture depends on the injury caused.
4. With old age comes pain of lower back and neck. Pain of neck and back cannot be discarded because this pain won’t let us concentrate in any of the activity that we tend to do.
To identify the pain, there are different symptoms that occur in our body. These symptoms help in recognizing the extent of the injury. Some of the symptoms are given below –
1. Any pain or swelling in the joint is a sure sign that there is something wrong with your musculoskeletal system.
2. Stiffness in joint without any particular reason also tells us that there is something wrong with our joints.
3. Constant pain or recurring pain in the joints should also be looked upon.
4. Feeling of one bone rubbing on top of other bone is an indicator that everything is not fine.
Orthopedic surgeries are the best way to get rid of all of these problems. Depending on the area where there is discomfort, surgery is done accordingly. Some of the most common type of orthopedic surgeries are –
1. Knee replacement surgery.
2. Hip replacement surgery.
3. Shoulder replacement surgery.
4. Arthroscopic meniscus surgery.
5. Hip resurfacing.
All About Seniors is a platform where seniors are given all the care which they deserve. Under our panel of best hospitals, we offer you quality and affordable orthopedic surgeries from trusted names in healthcare. We have a close knitted network that involves the finest of the hospitals and doctors of India to give you the best of healthcare facility.
© 2017 Copyright All About Seniors